Stonehouse Residential Care Home
Stone House Care Home Regulated Activity is Accommodation For Persons who Require Personal Care.
All employees of Stone House uphold the following principles in respect of the rights of the Residents in the Home.
- The Right of Fulfilment. To assists Residents to achieve their full potential capacity, however small, in respect of their physical, intellectu-al, social and emotional needs.
- The right of dignity. To preserve the self-respect of Residents by:
a) Maintaining status,
b) Affording privacy in space, beliefs and opinions,
c) Recognition and use, where appropriate, of talents,
d) The practice of courtesy and respect towards Residents at all times.
- The Right of Autonomy. To maintain a Residents’ right to self-determination and freedom of choice, subject to the limitations of group living. The provision of choice, with assistance where necessary, to express wishes and preferences, including external help, e.g. Doctor, Solicitor, Advocacy (e.g. Age Concern), Social Services etc.
- The Right to Individuality. To respond to the individual needs of Residents to enable them to maintain their particular identity in respect of beliefs, opinions and reasonable idiosyncrasies.
- The Right of Self Esteem. To Recognise the qualities and experiences, talents and previous higher status of Residents. To get to know relatives, and visitors and to then use this information to maintain the morale of individual Residents.
- The Right to a High Quality of Life. To expect a wide range of normal activities to be available, to enable a Resident to exercise their free-dom of choice, and to provide opportunities to go out shopping, visiting etc. to provide facilities for Residents to follow their own particular religious or political pursuits, and to recognise the necessity for privacy, at times, to carry them out.
- The Right to Freedom of Emotional Expression. To maintain the Residents right to have normal opportunities to develop personal relation-ships within and outside the Home.
- The Right to Take Risks. To allow Residents to undertake activities which contain an element of risk, the criteria being the Residents’ competence to judge, and the risk to others.
Registered Name: Lisa Wilford
Stone House Residential Home Ltd
55-57 Cheyney Road
Contact Telephone Number 01244 375015
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org